What is Fascia Blasting?
First lets begin with “what is fascia?” Fascia, also known as connective tissue, is a thin sheath of fibrous tissue enclosing a muscle or other organ. Fascia runs through every structure of the human body, when the fascia becomes tight it can close joints, create tension, impede nerves and restrict blood. Often times “unhealthy” fascia can be the culprit of many different pains in the body. The FasciaBlaster breaks through the fascia (connective tissue) and restores it, many times leaving the body pain free! I have seen first hand at how amazing and life changing this tool has been with my clients!
CONDITIONS FASCIA BLASTING MAY HELP WITH
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fascia
- Postural imbalances
CRITICAL FUNCTIONS OF HEALTHY FASCIA
- It acts like an anatomical “girdle” to bind and hold muscles together in a compact manner.
- It maintains the proper position of the individual muscle fibers, blood vessels, and nerves within the muscles, and prevents them from moving all over the place during movement or muscle contraction.
- It helps prevent injury by evenly distributing forces and loads for uniform transmission of these forces and loads over the whole muscle.
- It creates a uniformly smooth / slick surface that essentially lubricates the various tissues that come in contact with each other during movement. This is helps prevent friction injuries and subsequent tissue degeneration and degradation.
- It allows muscles to change shape as they are both stretched and shortened (contracted).
How Does It Work?
How We Can Help
Massage and physical therapy can help with this stiffness, especially when used in conjunction with infrared therapy (The Amethyst BioMat) and essential oils. When it’s really irritated, usually through injury, the fascia will need extra attention.
That’s where Fascia Blasting comes in. The FasciaBlaster is a tube with handles on each side and small, claw-like features on one side. Designed by Ashley Black, it is used to break up fascial adhesions at a deeper level all over the body. The claws allow for localized as well as broad treatments.
Users of the FasciaBlaster report better flexibility, pain reduction, increased joint function, more muscle definition, and even cellulite reduction.